Herefordshire focused Forest Schools information and resources.

Forest school association Herefordshire AGM

19th November 2018. 5pm – 7pm.

 

12 in attendance.

No apologies.

Introduction around the table of those attending,

 

Recognition of the minutes from the last meeting on the website.

Action: Sam to send out user names and passwords for anyone that needs a reminder.

 

Financial breakdown from Ali. See sheet for details.

 

Action:

  • Need to generate new ways to create income. Primarily to cover insurance and skills share workshops, teas and coffees etc.
    • Build up mailing list on website to promote ‘what’s on’ meetings/ skills sharing.
    • Jo Mclellan offered to adapt banner into a promotable flyer for advertising.
    • Poster of FSAH meetings and skills share.
    • Share with clusters.
  • KP to search any possible funders for help covering admin costs.

 

Sam as chair offered an apology for little to report for the year other than the program.

  • To ensure the success of the group Sam needs for others to support admin within the group. To which the group agreed.

 

Focus our approached to reaching more trained forest school leaders:

  • Check map on FSA website to see local FSA members.
  • Encourage those training with rooted forest school/ cambium to participate in meetings.
  • Having no joining fee?
  • Promote skills sharing.
  • Promote FSA with Alison Murphy early years lead (currently has grant funding for training for early years including forest school level 1,2 &3)

 

  • VOTE TO REMOVE MEMBERSHIP FEE: 8yes / 0 no.

Agreed new format of meetings and skill shares.

 

2019 meetings:

  • 21st January 2019: Pizza in the woods, January Social. £5-10 donation per person (Queenswood Country Park – free parking).
  • 18th March 2019: Conference planning and soup FREE.
  • 20th May 2019: Using of tools, make your own butter-knife, toast and garlic butter.  £5-10 donation per person. Garway (next to the school).
  • 8th July 2019: Play structures. Norton Cannon. £5-10 donation per person.
  • 16th September 2019: AGM. Confrence planning. Bring and share harvest food. donation per person
  • 9th November 2019. Forest school conference. Helens Much Marcle.

Nominations and seconding of key roles for the year ahead.

 

Chair: Sam Goddard. Proposed by Annie Thorntonwood. Second by Charlie McNair.

Vice Chair: Jo Mclellan. Proposed by Sam Goddard .Second by Ali Jackson.

Treasurer Ali Jackson. Proposed by Katrina Preston .Second by Sam Goddard.

Secretary: Katrina Preston. Proposed by Sam Goddard .Second by Tracey Iles.

 

Charlie McNair to be made Admin on Facebook.

Jo and Annie to focus on promotion of the FSA group.

  • Contact Bishops Wood to promote those training here living in Herefordshire.
  • Contact Jane Denny to promote FSAH to Eco schools.
  • Contact main FSA to promote our local group.

 

 

 

 

 

 

November 23rd, 2018

Posted In: Meeting minutes

Leave a Reply

Your e-mail address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.